Friday, March 16, 2012

Things That Will Make Your Computer Run Slow

Things That Will Make Your Computer Run Slow Over a Period of Time


One or more of the following cause laptop, netbooks, or notebook computers to run slow over a period of time.
  • Corrupt data
  • Missing Windows updates
  • Outdated software drivers
  • Overheating
  • Corrupt Operating System
  • Not Enough RAM memory
  • Hard disk drive space
  1. You want at least 200-500MB of free hard disk drive space. This available space allows the computer to have room for the swap file to increase in size as well as room for temporary files.
  2. Run "Defrag" to help ensure that data is arranged in the best possible order.Background programs
  3. If you've got an anti-virus scanner on the computer, spyware, malware protection program, or other internet security utility make sure it's not scanning your computer in the background. One program that will perform both tasks is sufficient. Be sure to set up a schedule so that it runs automatically.
Computer motherboard overheating
Make sure your computer and processor is not overheating, excessive heat can cause a significant decrease in computer performance some processors will even lower the speed of the processor automatically to help compensate for the heat related issues. If ignored, it will cost more in the long run to recover from a damaged motherboard. Sensitive components located on the system board usually are the first to fail as a result of overheating. Constricting proper air flow to your computer can also cause a computer to overheat.
Make sure your computer case and exhaust fans are not obstructed and free of dust.
 
Resolve any hardware issues as they could be the cause of your problem.
Finally, if your computer continues to be slow after going over each of the above recommendations it's possible that your computer is experiencing a more serious hardware related issue such as a failing component in the computer. This could be a failing or bad hard drive, CPU, RAM, motherboard, or a combination of the above.
Check with your local computer repair shop if you need further assistance to correct any of the above.
Additional blogs and coupons, are available through RSS readers, such as My Yahoo, Bloglines and others. Click on the button that says "Add to My Yahoo" and your information will be updated on their My Yahoo page as soon as you publish any changes. Visit or web site for more information.

Read reviews about Laptop LCD Screen and DC Jack Repair


Fast, quality service


Thank you for getting my son's laptop repaired so quickly and superbly! Your prompt, quality service got him through his final exams with flying colors! Thank you both so much!
By Cindy on December 31, 2011 at 01:22 PM

Great Service!


My laptop screen was accidentally cracked while I was on my way home for Christmas break from college. Laptop Repair was extremely helpful. They gave me the college student discount, and the price was very reasonable, especially compared to the other options I had found for repairing my screen. I highly recommend going to them for your laptop repairs, as Rudy and Gloria not only are very knowledgeable and skilled but are great to work with.
By E. Brown on December 26, 2011 at 06:33 PM

Laptop repair


I managed to crack my screen on my laptop. Since this is the only device I use to do my business it is very, very very important. All my data base is on this machine. Goloria and and Rudy got it fixed working at the agreed price and I am back in business. Should you have a problem with your machine, give them a call.
By Jack Vorhauer on December 21, 2011 at 01:04 PM

Good&Quick;


The work was excellent .. and consideration was given to the necessity of speedy work. I had my laptop back in less than 24 hours. Gloria even gave me some tips for more efficient use of my laptop. Thank you, Rudy&Gloria.
By Ken & Nancy Hall on November 27, 2011 at 05:56 PM

Great Service and Prices


I needed my DC Jack repaired. I called a few places and Laptop LCD Screen and DC Jack had the best prices and reviews. I got my laptop back faster than I was expecting and Rudy and Gloria where a pleasure to work with from the start.
By Tony on October 17, 2011 at 04:01 PM

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!


I dropped off my laptop here for an AC adapter with a broken pin. Not only was my laptop fixed quickly, but they were also able to quickly retrieve files that I needed while waiting for the laptop repairs to completed. The service is very professional, and Gloria and Rudy are very courteous.
By B. Jordan on August 27, 2011 at 06:24 AM

1 comment: